"In the end, the only thing you really own is your story"

Monday, April 19, 2010

A bicycle made for two




For those of you who know me well you'll know I cannot ride a bicycle. This has been a thorn in Mike's side for some time now. Until today. Let it be known that Monday April 19th 2010 when I was 26 years of age I finally learned how to ride a bicycle. Now according to my mother I rode a bike for about 2 seconds when I was a kid, was told I needed to wear a helmet, decided that wasn't fashionable enough for me and any hope I had of riding the Tour Du France went out the window. Sadly, this isn't the first time I would let a fashion choice govern my decision making process, that's a story for another time. All this aside I did successfully ride a bike today and although I hate to admit it I'm glad Mike made me do it. I guess he had to be right about something one of these days ;) Thanks boo. Thanks for forcing me to do something beneficial for myself that I probably never would have tried otherwise. Something that I actually enjoyed quite a lot, once I got over the fear of falling and the fact that my crotch was on fire the whole time. It was a beautiful day and I had fun. And Mike has used up his one "I'm right about something" card for the year. Sorry buddy.

Side note we also met an extremely cute 8 week old golden retriever puppy named Oscar. Absolutely adorable.

Next stop...drivers license. Baby steps Lee...baby steps :)

1 comment:

  1. Lee you made me laugh with this....
    I used to love a bike ride but then stopped cause needed to drive everywhere to get stuff done.
    Now in the old folks state I live where I can bike and all the geezers ride bikes so I said ok I will just jump on and go..... not so much ended up in the rain ditch on the side of the road covered in mud and tadpoles so friggin gross. Tried over and over and no balance no steering and it just kept getting worse. Well the man decided that the solution was to get me one of those old lady tricycles!! So I started down the driveway and ended up in the woods... going to try again but everyone has to watch after they have been to the bathroom. As for the car You go girl my fuddy duddy aunt at 60 went out and took driving lessons to get out of the house alone after her husband retired!!
    Sue's Momma

    ReplyDelete