"In the end, the only thing you really own is your story"

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Black Out Betty and the Red Wine Hangovers

New punk band name? Not exactly...ah hangover Sundays. God rested on Sunday and so does Leah after a big date with Mr. Merlot.

Now anyone who knows me knows I love me some red wine. Actually I like wine of all types: red, white and let's face it if blue wine existed I'd probably drink that too. Unfortunately, I very rarely stop at the "1-2 glasses a week for your heart" wine consumption and I'm shamefully more of a "Wait...I'm done with a whole bottle already?! Break open another!" kind of a girl. I know what you're thinking. Classy Leah, classy. Now to be fair, I don't drink on a regular basis which apparently translates more often than I'd like to admit into my cramming all of my drinking into one single sitting. All this being said I've decided to take a bit of a break for awhile. So I'm making my apologies now to Pinot Noir, Merlot, Chianti and lest I leave anyone out Cabernet. I won't be seeing you fella's for a little while and that's ok. Sometimes it's good to take a break. I feel the need to get back in shape especially with the summer approaching and my gay's returning to dry land. I have a fabulous reputation to keep up and these extra 5 pound or so just won't do. The drunkies are my nemesis...

So goodbye for now Black Out Betty, ram a lam.

The fun thing about hangover Sunday's however is internet surfing. Useless, mindless, hilarious internet surfing. What did I discover this lovely Sunday? Yet another reason to love Lily Allen. Now I know a lot of people have mixed feelings about her and I'll admit she doesn't come across that great in her public persona but I think she's fab. I love her look, I love her music and I love her "up-yours" attitude. That's what the music biz is all about right? Saying eff you to people so that your fans love you even more! And let's face it, most of her targets are warranted, like paparazzi getting so over zealous they re-ended her car. Did we learn NOTHING from Princess Di people?! Anyhow, my new love affair is with this song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch#!v=5u6HhbqAgwc&feature=channel

Yep that's right. She wrote a song called "Fag Hag" and I'm all about it. How could I not be? As a card carrying member of the Fag Hag Club (shit I should be the president or maybe something more fabulous...Empress?! we'll go with Empress of that club) I knew we needed an anthem of some kind. We've been exhausting Madonna tunes for years now. So thank you Lily Allen for providing Fag Hag's of the world with the anthem we deserve. Good on you!

No comments:

Post a Comment